Friday 1 March 2024

Various Artists - The Cotton Club [Soundtrack] (1984)

Year: 1920-1950 (CD 1990)
Label: Giants Of Jazz (Europe), CD 53022
Style: Jazz, Dixieland, Big Band, Soundtrack
Country: U.S.
Time: 74:15
Format: Flac Tracks 16/44,1 kHz
Size: 340 Mb

This has always been one of my absolute favorite soundtracks. I bought the album many moons ago when the movie came out, then managed years later to find it on cassette. I have been looking for it on CD for a couple of years now, so I was delighted to finally get my hands on it. The CD plays perfectly, but I will burn a copy or two just in case it ever goes bad on me as it will only become harder and harder to find.
This music is just incomparable in its production and authenticity. If you've never heard it, you are missing a truly special treat. If you have heard it, you know what I'm talking about.
(Review by Blondie)
This soundtrack was a staple when i took my first tap classes. then, it went out of issue for the longest time. Thank god someone brought it back! The selections of ellington pieces are varied and dazzingly performed! the tempi are perfect for my needs as a tap teacher these days. I am so happy to have it back in the studio as well as in my cd player when i want some hot pre-swing style jazz!
(Review by Darryl K. Clark)
I love the music but I bought the CD for Lonette McKee's version of Ill Wind.It is the best version to me. I've heard a number of renditions and they are all very good, it is a great song period. All of the music from the movie is great. I am however deisappointed that some songs didn't make it on to the CD.
(Review by Dudley Roberts)
(All Review: amazon.com/Cotton-Club-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/product-reviews/B000000OXV?reviewerType=all_reviews)

01. The Mooche (Baby Cox With Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:16)
02. Black And Tan Fantasy (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:24)
03. Stormy Weather (Lena Horne) (03:20)
04. Black Beauty (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:09)
05. Minnie The Moocher (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (03:16)
06. Cotton Club Stomp (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (02:55)
07. Jumpin' Jive (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (02:48)
08. Ring Dem Bells (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (02:58)
09. Hi De Ho Man (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (03:02)
10. Take It Easy (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (02:38)
11. I Can't Give You Anything But Love (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:07)
12. The Dicty Glide (Duke Ellington And His Cotton Club Orchestra) (03:07)
13. Ill Wind (Lena Horne) (02:27)
14. East St. Louis Toodle-oo (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:03)
15. Oh Grandpa (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (03:01)
16. Creole Love Call (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (04:07)
17. St. James Infirmary (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (03:17)
18. Misty Mornin' (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:11)
19. Jubilee Stomp (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (02:43)
20. A Chicken Ain't Nothing But A Bird (Cab Calloway And His Orchestra) (02:52)
21. Doin' The Woom Woom (Duke Ellington And His Cotton Club Orchestra) (03:08)
22. Old Man Blues (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:04)
23. The Blues I Love To Sing (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:05)
24. Mood Indigo (Duke Ellington And His Orchestra) (03:06)

TurboBit          KatFile          UpLoady          FreeDlink

All my files:   TurboBit      KatFile

No comments:

Post a Comment